It was just a few weeks ago. I had nearly fallen asleep when I heard a crunch, crunch, crunch noise from downstairs. Awake, I went to check it out.
Jake was in the living room chewing on plastic container that had held some ant poison. We had had an invasion after a big rain storm, the ants likely believing they were being drowned.
What to do? What to do? The package contained a phone number to call in case of poisoning, so I called it. After talking to the technician, he excused himself to check with his boss.
Good news! The active ingredient is ivermectin, which is the active ingredient in Jake’s heart worm meds. No emergency! If he doesn’t get sick from the plastic, there is nothing to worry about!!